Report: Tucker Carlson Served with Cease-and-Desist Letter by Fox News

0
465
SIMON KENT 12 Jun 2023

A cease-and-desist letter has reportedly been sent to Tucker Carlson from his previous employer Fox News over his new Twitter show that went public last week.

Carlson’s show was dumped from their lineup before it was announced the two had parted ways, as Breitbart News reported.

The presenter is still under contract through the end of next year and Axios reports a missive has been sent to Carlson from Fox attorneys pointing out that fact.

Harmeet Dhillon, an attorney representing Carlson, affirmed on Twitter, “My friend and client Tucker Carlson will not be silenced — by the far left or by Fox News.”

She said in a statement to Axios “Fox is now demanding that Tucker Carlson be silent until after the 2024 election.”

A Fox News spokesperson did not comment to the outlet.

Talent agreements typically include exclusivity provisions to limit or prevent top personalities from appearing on other networks and platforms.

Carlson was Fox News’s top personality, and his latest Twitter show garnered more than 100 million views, according to Twitter analytics.

It surpassed the number of viewers watching Fox at the same time, the Daily Caller noted.

His executive producer said the host’s next Twitter episode will drop on Tuesday, and focus on former President Donald Trump’s federal indictment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here