Mob of Illegals Savagely Beats NYPD Officers, Some Apprehended but Immediately Let Loose With No Bail

AP Photo/John Minchillo

A group of Venezuelan illegals beat and kicked NYPD officers in Times Square over the weekend, and after a manhunt, some were apprehended – only to be released hours after with no bail. The assault was disgusting:

The officers were attempting to disperse a disorderly group on West 42nd Street at around 8:30 p.m. Saturday, the NYPD said. When they tried to place one person in custody, they were repeatedly kicked and punched in the head and body, authorities said. 
Surveillance video captured the attack. The officers sustained minor injuries and were treated on scene.

 Warning: Graphic content

But the next part makes the story even more disturbing: the NYPD launched a manhunt to capture the assailants, caught some of them – but they were immediately let out on bail.

Two suspects — Yorman Reveron, 24, and Darwin Andres Gomez Izquiel, 19 — were arrested minutes after the attack. At around 10:15 p.m. on Saturday, officers took Kelvin Servat Arocha, 19, and Wilson Juarez, 21, into custody. All four suspects were released hours later with no bail. [Bolding mine.]
The men, whose mugshots were released by police Wednesday as part of an “officer safety alert,” were all charged with assault on an officer, gang assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct. They have all pleaded not guilty. 

Officials from the department were not pleased with the apparent easy treatment the thugs received: 

“Reprehensible,” a disgusted NYPD Chief of Patrol John Chell told reporters.
“You have eight people attacking a lieutenant and a cop. The four that were arrested should be sitting in Rikers [Island] right now on bail,” the chief said.

Apologists at the Manhattan District Attorney’s office – headed by soft-on-crime DA Alvin Bragg – tried to sound like they intended to seek justice, yet they also admitted they didn’t request bail.

The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office acknowledged that it did not request bail at the criminal court arraignments. 
In a statement Wednesday, prosecutors said the incident is still under investigation and additional footage of the attack is being reviewed. [What else do you need to see?!]
“It is paramount that we conclusively identify each defendant and specify each participant’s role in the incident,” the statement said. 
“Every defendant charged so far is facing felony charges that carry a penalty of up to seven years,” it said. “This is an active, ongoing investigation.”

Of course, one of the attackers already had two open criminal cases against him for assault and battery, but there he was, out on the streets.

This is what the war on police, weakened policies like New York’s ludicrous no-bail law, and the ongoing disaster at Biden’s border have brought us. A grade-schooler could have told you in advance what would happen. It’s almost like… it’s all on purpose. 

Hendry [president of the Police Benevolent Association]: “Attacks on police officers are becoming an epidemic, and the reason is a revolving door we’re seeing in cases like this one. It is impossible for police officers to deal effectively with crime and disorder if the justice system can’t or won’t protect us while we do that work.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here